Mrs. Roselle's First Grade Class
Just a few reminders:
- I will continue to send messages to you through Seesaw, so please check daily.
- The daily assigned activities will meet the 2 hours of remote learning that’s required for each day.
- Teacher office hours are 10:00-2:00 Monday-Friday. Please feel free to reach out to me during those times with any questions or concerns.
- If you are not able to complete the Seesaw activities, please email me at the end of each day ensuring the assignments are completed in the My Fundations journal.
At-Home Learning Plan EXTRAS for First Grade
- Read and log independent reading
Here are some sites that we use in school and can be used at home:
Raz Kids: https://www.raz-kids.com
Student will also have their individual book baggies to choose books from.
- My FundationsJournalwere sent home for student to write / respond in.
Some response prompt ideas include:
My favorite part of the story….
My favorite character is ….
What is the problem and solution?
How are you and the main character alike or different?
Where does the story take place?
Choose some tricky words that you might not have known before and use one
in a sentence or paragraph.
- Math Packet:
- A math packet was sent home with review concepts from this year. It also contains some games that we have used during center time this year. Student are familiar with these concepts.
Other websites that students can use to practice their math each day:
Xtra Math: https://xtramath.org/#/signin/classroom
Happy Numbers: http://happynumbers.com
- Create Your Own Instrument:
Each student is asked to create their own instrumentthat makes sound with YOUR help. You and your child can be as creative as you want, using any recycled materials from the home. Some examples can include toilet paper rolls, string, rubber bands, or plastic containers. Please have your child bring the instrument to school once they have completed it. We will be celebrating the end of a science unit by sharing our instruments and taking part in a class discussion. Thank you for your help! We hope you enjoy being creative with your child!
Students can also view Mystery Dougvideos that can be found on YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mystery+doug
Remote Learning Plans March
Remote Learning Plans April
Remote Learning Plans May