Ms. Giordano ASI Teacher
• Play who am I? For example, I rhyme with bed, I have 3 letters, and I
end in “d”.
• Children go outside and practice writing their words with
chalk on the concrete.
• Flashlight words - turn off lights. Tape words on the wall or ceiling. Use the
flashlight to shine on the word then read.
• Children make their own word wall/dictionary using photocopied small sight
words and scrapbooks labeled with a letter of the alphabet on each page... can
be added to throughout the year.
• Make words using play dough.
• Beat the clock - how many times can a word be written in 1 minute etc
• Play stepping stones - place words on the floor and children walk over them
saying the word as they go to get to the other side of the stream. Make words
using letter tiles -scrabble pieces
• Make words using stencils.
• Make words using alphabet stamps.
• Make words using magnetic letters
• Delicious Words -Write your words in whipped cream, peanut butter, or anything
you can eat
• Good Clean Words -Write your words in shaving cream on a counter or some
other surface that can be cleaned safely